Giraffe Heroes International
GHI brings inspiration and tools for change
to some of the most challenging
places on earth
GHI takes the vision, strategies and materials developed by the Giraffe Heroes Project over the last 30 years to countries where that inspiration and know-how can make a critical difference, helping people solve the problems that challenge their nations and their lives.
Launched in 2010, GHI is directed by John Graham, a veteran leader of the Project, former US diplomat, author of four books on leadership and citizen activism, and an internationally recognized trainer and speaker.
Working with partners in nations around the world ~
• GHI gives those partners a tested template for finding their country’s heroes and getting their stories known, inspiring other citizens to help take on public problems. Those heroes might be combating corruption, easing poverty or disease, ending conflicts, protecting the environment, advocating for women’s rights… All of them are “sticking their necks out” for the common good.
• In on-site visits, John Graham helps our partners gain the cooperation and support they need from local media, government agencies, businesses, NGOs and key individuals. He also works with partners as needed to improve their skills for building ethical and competent leadership and active citizenship in their nations.
• On-site, Graham gives public speeches, workshops and media interviews, all introducing the Giraffe idea, and the inspiration and skills it can bring to the nation.
• GHI offers its full array of books, articles, graphics, website designs and trainings developed by the Giraffe Heroes Project, all of which can be adjusted to fit national traditions and languages.
• GHI works with local partners to build programs for schools and youth organizations, helping young people move into lives of courageous and compassionate service. GHI can supply English-language civic engagement and service-learning materials that also double as texts for teaching English.
GHI programs currently include: